We are looking for an effective Shipping and Receiving Specialist to implement their experience and work ethic into achieving a successful inventory audits that include packing, shipping and stocking functions. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will work with a team(s) daily to function in their respective roll either with Inventory / Packing or Receiving / Stocking product. Other functions relating to general Warehousing may apply.
An outstanding Shipping and Receiving Specialist should be able to identify any issues and ensure any issues are resolved promptly.
Shipping and Receiving Specialist Responsibilities:
- Communicating with Assistant Project Manager and identifying needs and goals.
- Contributing to the execution of daily goals and tasks as needed.
- Working effectively in a team environment to function as an integral part of the inventory, packing, or receiving function.
- Keeping track of and reporting progress to management.
- Completing any tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience in warehouse or a similar role preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of follow up and follow through.
Job Type: Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We provide an action plan in accordance with current scientific guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehousing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Houston, TX (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible